1. We use our own machines! Our machine is specifically designed for better results that deliver the pigment at 5mm depth; this depth means a longer stroke-more ink deposited, which means less fading, fewer sessions and better results.
2. We designed our own needles! They are 75% smaller than commercially available needles, resulting in smaller follicle replications and more realistic results
3. We formulated our own inks! Our inks are 100% organic with no color additives. They cannot break down into other colors because they contain no constituent colors. They have stood the test of time; the 'dots' have been holding true for 8 years.
*Also referred to as "SMP" or "SAT" (scalp aesthetics technique).
During the scalp micropigmentation process, a specialized needle is used to deposit pigment in tiny dots within the upper layers of skin on your scalp. Each "dot" replicates an individual shaven hair follicle. When combined with thousands of other dots and blended skillfully with whatever real hair you have remaining, an illusion of a full head of shaven hair is created.
This hair loss technique is ideal for four groups of people:
1. Following a hair transplant procedure.
2. Those with hair transplant scars.
3. Those suffering from one of the many forms of alopecia. - those who are losing (or have lost)
4. Those who lack sufficient hair density.
How important is the size of the dots and the depth they are implanted?
In scalp micropigmentation, each dot is intended to replicate a real shaven hair follicle. In order to achieve this, the dot must be the right size and shade, and must stand the test of time.
The price of treatment varies depending on your specific requirements based of the amount of hair loss.
Minor hairline reconstruction will cost approximately $2000. Clients needing a full head treatment,meaning the entire top of the head, and a blending area into the 'horseshoe' can expect to pay between $3000 to $4000. Scar camouflaging from hair transplants can be a bit more challenging to work with, and usually require a few additional sessions. Clients can expect to pay between $2000 - $4700 in total.
When geographically possible, a face-to-face consultation is preferred. Telephone consultations with the use of your head photos are a reasonable alternative when the face-to-face is impractical. During the consultation, we will discuss your desired results, including the particular hairline preferred. Your medical history will be taken, pre-procedure and post-procedure instructions will be reviewed.
The first step will be to choose your hairline position, shape and style. The technician will use a wax pencil or surgical marker to draw on the hairline, and together with the technician, adjust accordingly.
A scalp micropigmentation treatment is best delivered over a number of sessions. A typical client will require between 2 - 4 sessions, while clients will extensive scarring will require additional sessions. Itis important to understand that your new 'hair' will not look it's best after only one session as SMP is a process. The second session is scheduled approximately 7 days after the first in order to allow healing time between treatments.
If a third session is needed, this will be scheduled one month after the second.
For those clients who would like a numbing agent, a Novocaine product may be applied by the technician for those individuals who are not allergic.
You can expect your first session to last approximately 3 to 4 hours. During this time, you will be laying down on a comfortable treatment table and afforded breaks as needed.
At the completion of the first session, aftercare instructions will be given, your photo taken, and an appointment for the second session scheduled.